Silverthread is seeking a Lead UX / UI Designer to work with our main development team in Reno, Nevada.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for Silverthread’s products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of users profiles
- Well-rounded UI/UX professional who connects the dots between business needs, innovation and good design.
- 5-10 years UI and UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Fluent in wireframe, responsive design, Excel and web UI/UX
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients in formed about) current and emerging UI/UX trends.
- Demonstrated UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio
- Responsive Web Design: 5 years (Preferred)
We are a small, growing development team based in Reno. Some days we design, plan, and discuss as a group. Other days, we’ll put on some music and focus on writing great code. Teamwork is a major part of our day-to-day.
Hand-in-hand with teamwork, our developers need to be able to communicate their ideas in person and in print.
Desire to learn
Silverthread is creating tech to solve problems that haven’t been solved before. Using tech born from over a decade of research at MIT, we’re constantly expanding our capabilities as a company, as a team, and as individuals. A developer with a desire to grow as they work will flourish here.
We know all the code we write will be maintained and re-used for several years. Our integration-first, testing-focused development cycle is all about making future development a breeze. As our CEO says, “go slow so we can go fast.”
The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand how the end user is going to use our tools and reports. We aim to delight our customers and stress an intuitive, easy to learn interface.
Reno, Nevada, United States of America
Full time, salaried
How to Respond
Email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org