This is an announcement for a Project/Account Manager position at Silverthread Inc., a company focused on improving quality of large and complex software systems by helping customers to reduce risk and improve business outcomes (www.silverthreadinc.com). Silverthread, a revenue generating startup company, was recently founded to commercialize 15 years of MIT and Harvard Business School research. The position will be filled based on experience level of best qualified candidate. Working under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Software Engineering, the Project/Account Manager will perform a variety of activities related to coordinating and leading meetings with key internal and external stakeholders; managing project definition, estimation, and tracking; and building and maintaining client relationships with a focus on sustaining and developing customer base. This position requires professionalism, excellent verbal and written communication skills, investigative problem solving, multi-tasking, and initiative taking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coordinate and take minutes during internal and external business meetings.
- Work with Commercial and Department of Defense customers and contracting officers.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Report on project metrics to CEO and Director of Software Engineering.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enhance existing website and coordinate content updates.
- Negotiate and document contract terms and coordinate with legal department.
- Assist in filing patents.
- Create formal presentations.
- Master’s Degree in Business or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in project management or business.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and/or practices such as Agile development.
- Ability to navigate negotiations and communicate effectively.
- Experience working with government contracts and in a start-up environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, JIRA, or related project management tools.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Power Point, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to act independently and with good judgement.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Ability to drive to local, offsite customers.
Part-time, 15-20 hours
How to Respond
Email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com