Software Engineer (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
Silverthread is looking to hire individuals with background in software engineering, data science, web design, finance, cloud computing. Candidates should have demonstrable experience/expertise in some of the following areas and interest in branching out into others. No one can know/do it all, so you’ll need to make solid individual contributions in those areas you know best and learn fast so that you can bridge gaps, support others, and lead in the overall effort.
To develop our platform and tools:
– Experience using an ORM such as Rails, Django, Grails, Hibernate, or similar.
– Linux / UNIX development environment
– Use of issue tracking and version control systems
To develop our analysis capabilities:
– Spreadsheet modeling
– Experience in informatics, management science, operations research
– Probability & statistics – regressions, time series analysis, model building, etc.
– Network modeling / analysis, Design Structure Matrices
– Data mining
– Machine learning
– MATLAB and/or Scientific Python packages
– R, STATA, or SAS stats packages
– Use of cloud / distributed computing
– Use and design of databases
– Visualization and the distillation and presentation of complex information to mortals
Technologies & domains:
– Compiler / interpreter technology – such as Lex/Yacc, LLVM, Parsers, etc.
– Web dashboards
– Business intelligence
– Visualization of complex information
– Cloud computing – AWS, Google, Azure, Docker, Hadoop, etc.
– Experience designing, assessing, and improving large software systems
– Software project management and cost/schedule estimation
– Refactoring and modernization
– Finance, accounting, risk modeling, real options
– Experience with consulting and sales for enterprise customers
In addition, you should be comfortable with our startup and R&D culture:
– Intellectually curious and intrinsically motivated
– Interest in doing publishable and patentable research internally and with academic / industry partners
– Willingness to take initiative, take risks, collaborate, learn, and lead
– Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done regardless of job title
– Ability to figure out what needs to be done and do it
– Ability to function with high degrees of ambiguity and risk, and to take a leading role in reducing both
Please send resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org